Help Around the Corner and Across the Country
Whether you're struggling with your mortgage or hoping to buy a home, Freddie Mac's Borrower Help Centers and Borrower Help Network offer you trustworthy, one-to-one help. They're central to Freddie Mac's efforts to promote healthy neighborhoods.
- With the July 14 opening of a new center in Detroit, we now have 12 Borrower Help Centers across the country – located where they're needed most.
- Our Borrower Help Network toll-free call-in help line supports areas not covered by a Borrower Help Center.
The Centers and Network are run with Freddie Mac's support by not-for-profit housing counseling organizations with a local presence in the areas they serve. It's about neighbors supporting neighbors.
In person or by telephone, the HUD-approved counselors help navigate a path toward successful homeownership – or, if needed, toward a dignified transition to other housing. All services are delivered for free. All counseling sessions are confidential.
How can our counselors help you?
- Assess your financial situation and help you understand the options for resolving your mortgage-related challenges.
- Assist you in applying for a mortgage modification or other solution.
- Act as a liaison with your servicer to help smooth the application process.
- Educate you on managing your finances using Freddie Mac's CreditSmart curriculum.
- Offer you guidance on buying a home, which could include a foreclosed-on property, such as a Freddie Mac HomeSteps home.
Find the Freddie Mac Borrower Help Centers near you or call the national Freddie Mac Borrower Help Network at (877) 300-4179.