To usher in the 2015 home buying season, a recent survey reveals America's most desired, or "hottest," neighborhoods. California and New York neighborhoods make up half of the top ten, and 9 out of 10 hug the nation's coastlines.
So, which neighborhoods top the list as American's sweethearts?
- El Cerrito (San Diego, CA)
- Dickinson Narrows (Philadelphia, PA)
- East Atlanta (Atlanta, GA)
- Little Neck (Queens, NY)
- Bohemia (Long Island, NY)
- Curtis Park (Sacramento, CA)
- Andersonville (Chicago, IL)
- Woodridge (Seattle, WA)
- Crocker (San Francisco, CA)
- Woodridge (Washington, DC)
As for the methodology behind this survey, it's a combination of quantifiable data from complex algorithms and anecdotal information from realtors in the field.
Each neighborhood was chosen by:
- Having the biggest year-over-year increases in page views and favorites on Redfin.com
- The prevalence of Redfin "Hot Homes" – or homes with a 70% chance or higher of having an accepted offer within two weeks of listing
- On-the-ground insights from agents near and far
Did your neighborhood make the list? If so, it may be worth checking your home's value. You may like what you see.
Read other posts in our Spring Homebuying series.
Want to receive our weekly blog round up? Subscribe at the right – and each Friday we'll send you our latest blog posts.
Have a comment or question about this post? Email us to let us know what's on your mind.