This Week's Housing Headlines
Notable | April 4, 2014
Read some of the key articles related to the mortgage market, housing, and the broader economy.
- "Loans are finally easier to get; conditions for people financing homes and new cars are the best in five years" (Wall Street Journal, March 29)
- "Controversial FHA payoff rule to end; at closings, the housing agency had required a full month's interest from sellers who prepaid their mortgage" (Orlando Sentinel, March 30)
- "U.S. apartment rents rise 3.2% as new projects charge a premium" (BusinessWeek, April 2)
- "Freddie Mac to seek securities sales linked to riskier mortgages" (Bloomberg, April 2)
- "Fixed mortgage rates hit highest level since mid-January" (HousingWire, April 3)
As a reminder, access to these articles is determined by each website's own subscription and readership policies.
Have a comment or question about this post? Email us to let us know what's on your mind.