This Week's Housing Headlines
Notable | April 18, 2014
Read some of the key articles related to the mortgage market, housing, and the broader economy.
- "Mortgage activity ticks up in March but at lowest level since 1997; New home apps up 15% is one bright spot" (HousingWire, April 15)
- "Yellen says rules might need to be strengthened further to bolster largest banks"
(U.S. News & World Report, April 15)
- "Should American Dream still be owning a home? Reassessing home ownership as housing market heats up" (MarketWatch, April 16)
- "March home starts cloud 2014 forecasts" (Wall Street Journal Online, April 16)
- "17% of homes with a mortgage seriously underwater; Share of underwaters continues slow decline" (HousingWire, April 16)
- "U.S. mortgage rates fall with 30-year at a two-month low" (Bloomberg, April 17)
As a reminder, access to these articles is determined by each website’s own subscription and readership policies.
Have a comment or question about this post? Email us to let us know what's on your mind.