Read some of the key articles related to the mortgage market, housing, and the broader economy.
- "Lenders' credit score requirements may be stricter than needed" (Los Angeles Times, May 11)
- "Why millennials are hurting the real estate recovery; 4 reasons young Americans are staying out of the housing market" (MarketWatch, May 12)
- "Why the nation’s hot housing market is cooling, slightly"(Wall Street Journal blog, May 12)
- "U.S. regulator opens door wider for Americans on mortgages" (Reuters, May 13)
- "Mortgage rates defy forecasts" (Chicago Tribune, May 13)
- "Why do regulators want to ease mortgage standards?" (Wall Street Journal blog, May 14)
- "Foreclosure filings down 1%, bank repos up 4%; uptick is sign some markets working through final dregs" (HousingWire, May 15)
- "Fixed mortgage rates decline for third straight week" (Washington Post blog, May 15)
As a reminder, access to these articles is determined by each website’s own subscription and readership policies.
Have a comment or question about this post? Email us to let us know what's on your mind.