Read some of the key articles related to the mortgage market, housing, and the broader economy.
- "U.S. private lenders not ready to replace Fannie, Freddie: regulator" (Reuters, May 18)
- "Freddie: 3 areas housing fails to execute; 'What we expect to be happening isn’t happening'" (HousingWire, May 19)
- "Dudley: Three reasons why housing’s recovery will be slower" (Wall Street Journal blog, May 20)
- "Plosser: Fundamentals of U.S. housing market remain sound" (Wall Street Journal blog, May 20)
- "Fannie overseer moves to rescue housing with lower risk to lenders" (Bloomberg, May 21)
- "Freddie Mac: Mortgage rates drop to six-month low; Housing starts jump above expectations" (HousingWire, May 22)
- "Spring arrives in housing market as sales rise" (USA Today, May 22)
As a reminder, access to these articles is determined by each website's own subscription and readership policies.
Have a comment or question about this post? Email us to let us know what's on your mind.