Read some of the key articles related to the mortgage market, housing, and the broader economy.
- "Home equity is soaring, yet many owners are still underwater on loans" (Los Angeles Times, June 15)
- "Freddie Mac bets big on low down payment mortgages; 1 in 5 borrowers put down 10% or less" (HousingWire, June 16)
- "US homebuilder confidence up in June, remains low" (Associated Press, June 16)
- "Apartment rent hikes are slowing — finally; renters get some relief this year with rent jumps that aren’t quite as steep" (MarketWatch, June 17)
- "Housing starts fall as consumer prices log biggest jump in a year" (CNBC, June 17)
- "HOPE NOW: Mortgage mods for 7 million homeowners since 2007; foreclosures, delinquencies down and short sales rising" (HousingWire, June 17)
- "Yellen: US economy still needs help from Fed" (ABC News, June 18)
- "Mortgage rates fall after two-week climb" (Washington Post online, June 19)
- "Headwinds for housing overall, but some markets are hot – Freddie Mac" (Mortgage News Daily, June 19)
As a reminder, access to these articles is determined by each website's own subscription and readership policies.
Have a comment or question about this post? Email us to let us know what's on your mind.