Read some of the key articles related to the mortgage market, housing, and the broader economy.
- "Many homeowners with loan mods face rate increases" (Los Angeles Times, June 22)
- "Existing home sales rise strongly in May; 4.9% gain shows buyers are adjusting to modestly higher interest rates" (Wall Street Journal, June 23)
- "New home sales surge 18.6%, topping forecasts" (USA Today, June 24)
- "Five takeaways: Where is the U.S. housing market headed?" (Wall Street Journal online, June 24)
- "Why a grim US economic picture is brightening" (ABC News, June 24)
- "U.S. economy collapses in first quarter, but growing again" (Reuters, June 25)
- "FHFA: Are you eligible for HARP? Chart shows massive amount of eligible borrowers left" (HousingWire, June 25)
- "Freddie Mac: The one variable stunting housing" (HousingWire, June 25)
- "Millennials may be about to move out" (Washington Post, June 26)
- "Average US 30-year mortgage rate falls to 4.14 pct" (ABC News, June 26)
- "Obama administration expands affordable housing plan" (CNBC, June 26)
- "Fannie, Freddie in search of those still eligible for HARP" (Chicago Tribune, June 27)
As a reminder, access to these articles is determined by each website's own subscription and readership policies.
Have a comment or question about this post? Email us to let us know what's on your mind.