Read some of the key articles related to the mortgage market, housing, and the broader economy.
- "Freddie Mac offloads $285 million more in credit risk to insurers; Largest credit risk transfer of its kind" (HousingWire, July 7)
- "Beware of loan modification scammers" (Washington Post, July 8)
- "Feds seek to stabilize Chicago's hard-hit areas; Loan modifications among program's priorities" (Chicago Tribune, July 9)
- "U.S. Senate confirms Julian Castro as housing secretary" (Reuters, July 9)
- "It's a landlord’s world, you just rent in it; Single-family rental continues growth as homeownership shrinks" (HousingWire, July 9)
- "Fed leans to ending bond purchases in October" (USA Today, July 9)
- "U.S. mortgage rates increase as job market improves" (Bloomberg News, July 10)
As a reminder, access to these articles is determined by each website's own subscription and readership policies.
Have a comment or question about this post? Email us to let us know what's on your mind.