This Week's Housing Headlines
Notable | August 8, 2014
Read some of the key articles related to the mortgage market, housing, and the broader economy.
- "Freddie sells $659 million of debt in first soured-mortgage deal" (Bloomberg, August 1)
- "Banks making fewer mortgages because of new CFPB rules, Fed says" (American Banker, August 4)
- "Freddie Mac breaks new ground with riskier STACR deal" (HousingWire, August 4)
- "Fed: Banks easing lending standards" (USA Today, August 4)
- "Homeownership at near 20-year low, but some bright spots" (HousingWire, August 5)
- "Fannie, Freddie post profits in 2Q; Pay dividends" (ABC News, August 7)
- "Mortgage rates continue to hover near yearly lows" (Washington Post online, August 7)
As a reminder, access to these articles is determined by each website's own subscription and readership policies.
Have a comment or question about this post? Email us to let us know what's on your mind.