This Week's Housing Headlines
Notable | August 15, 2014
Read some of the key articles related to the mortgage market, housing, and the broader economy.
- "Fannie-Freddie overseer proposes uniform MBS" (Bloomberg, August 12)
- "MBA’s Stevens: Single GSE bond is 'critical'" (HousingWire, August 12)
- "Don’t give too much weight to home price reports" (Charlotte Observer, August 12)
- "July retail sales flatten on weaker auto sales" (USA Today, August 13)
- "US mortgage applications slide" (Business Insider, August 13)
- "Freddie Mac: 4 facts prove housing is headed to a new normal" (HousingWire, August 13)
- "Investors profit from foreclosure risk on home mortgages" (New York Times online, August 13)
- "Mortgage rates now at lowest level of the year" (Washington Business Journal, August 14)
As a reminder, access to these articles is determined by each website's own subscription and readership policies.
Have a comment or question about this post? Email us to let us know what's on your mind.