Read some of the key articles related to the mortgage market, housing, and the broader economy.
- "First affordable housing loan closed under new Freddie Mac program" (Multi-Housing News, September 5)
- "FHA to ban lenders from charging extra interest payments on mortgages" (Los Angeles Times, September 7)
- "MBA opposes any arbitrary increases in g-fees" (HousingWire, September 8)
- "Why more renters aren’t buying (hint: weak incomes, savings)" (Wall Street Journal online, September 8)
- "Are subprime mortgages coming back?" (New York Times, September 9)
- "Freddie Mac’s second high-LTV risk-sharing bond prices tight" (HousingWire, September 10)
- "Mortgage rates edge up but remain near yearly lows" (Washington Post online, September 11)
As a reminder, access to these articles is determined by each website's own subscription and readership policies.
Have a comment or question about this post? Email us to let us know what's on your mind.