Read some of the key articles related to the mortgage market, housing, and the broader economy.
- "Pending sales of U.S. existing homes fell 1% in August" (Bloomberg, September 29)
- "Sales of used homes seen dropping this year as young buyers struggle, investors dry up" (MarketWatch, September 29)
- "Home prices in U.S. rise at slowest pace in almost two years" (Bloomberg, September 30)
- "Are millennial home buyers starting to make a comeback?" (MarketWatch, September 30)
- "US consumer confidence slides in September" (ABC News, September 30)
- "Nearly 59,000 underwater mortgages in Michigan still eligible for HARP refinancing" (The Grand Rapids Press, September 30)
- "Why the housing recovery hasn't jumpstarted the economy" (Fortune, October 1)
- "Mortgage fraud grows increasingly more sophisticated – are you prepared?" (Mortgage Professional America, October 2)
- "Why Ben Bernanke can't refinance his mortgage" (New York Times, October 2)
- "Freddie Mac: Mortgage rates produce mixed results" (HousingWire, October 3)
As a reminder, access to these articles is determined by each website's own subscription and readership policies.
Want to receive our weekly blog round up? Subscribe at the right - and each Friday we'll send you our latest blog posts.
Have a comment or question about this post? Email us to let us know what's on your mind.