Read some of the key articles related to the mortgage market, housing, and the broader economy.
- "Help for mortgage seekers who don't fit the mold" (Los Angeles Times, October 5)
- "FHFA extends comment period on proposal to change FHLB membership rules" (MortgageOrb.com, October 6)
- "Freddie Mac infograph: Hispanics drive future of homeownership" (HousingWire, October 6)
- "Big banks face another round of U.S. charges" (New York Times online, October 6)
- "Global housing prices: It’s a tale of two worlds" (Wall Street Journal online, October 7)
- "Home-price growth hits slowest pace in nearly two years" (MarketWatch, October 7)
- "Despite failed refi, Bernanke has plenty of mortgage options" (Los Angeles Times, October 7)
- "Fed officials affirm rate outlook, but seek flexibility" (New York Times, October 8)
- "U.S. fiscal 2014 budget deficit falls to $486 billion, CBO says" (Reuters, October 8)
- "Mortgage rates retreat again" (Washington Post online, October 9)
- "Freddie Mac expands into market for small apartment mortgages" (National Mortgage News, October 9)
As a reminder, access to these articles is determined by each website’s own subscription and readership policies.
Want to receive our weekly blog round up? Subscribe at the right - and each Friday we'll send you our latest blog posts.
Have a comment or question about this post? Email us to let us know what's on your mind.