Read some of the key articles related to the mortgage market, housing, and the broader economy.
- "Market turmoil: Gift for mortgage refinancers?" (USA Today, October 19)
- "Federal Housing Finance Agency unveils plan to loosen rules on mortgages" (New York Times, October 20)
- "How a top housing regulator plans to make it easier to get a mortgage" (Washington Post online, October 20)
- "Freddie Mac CEO: We will help increase mortgage lending" (HousingWire, October 20)
- "GSE CEOs not waiting on congress to make reforms" (National Mortgage News, October 21)
- "Divided U.S. SEC adopts mortgage rule, decries lax lending" (Reuters, October 22)
- "Refinancing applications jump as mortgage rates fall" (MarketWatch, October 22)
- "U.S. home prices rose 0.5% in August, FHFA says" (BusinessWeek, October 23)
- "Average US 30-year loan rate falls to 3.92 pct." (ABC News, October 23)
As a reminder, access to these articles is determined by each website’s own subscription and readership policies.
Want to receive our weekly blog round up? Subscribe at the right - and each Friday we'll send you our latest blog posts.
Have a comment or question about this post? Email us to let us know what's on your mind.