Read some of the key articles related to the mortgage market, housing, and the broader economy.
- "A step backward for the housing industry" (Washington Post Editorial Board, October 25)
- "VA, lenders and nonprofits mobilize to help veterans on the home front" (Los Angeles Times, October 26)
- "Is it about to get a lot easier to obtain a mortgage? (Hint: No)" (Wall Street Journal Online, October 27)
- "U.S. pending home sales rise modestly in September" (ABC News, October 27)
- "U.S. urges AIG, MGIC to back fastest-growing VA loans" (National Mortgage News, October 28)
- "Commercial, multifamily mortgage originations rise 16%: MBA" (National Mortgage News, October 28)
- "Federal Reserve caps its bond purchases; Focus turns to interest rates" (New York Times, October 29)
- "Homeownership drops to two-decade low" (MarketWatch, October 29)
- "Zombie foreclosures rise in 16 states and 60 metro areas"(MarketWatch, October 30)
- "Freddie Mac: Mortgage rates rise from yearly lows" (HousingWire, October 30)
As a reminder, access to these articles is determined by each website’s own subscription and readership policies.
Want to receive our weekly blog round up? Subscribe at the right – and each Friday we'll send you our latest blog posts.
Have a comment or question about this post? Email us to let us know what's on your mind.