Read some of the key articles related to the mortgage market, housing, and the broader economy.
- "Freddie Mac doubles down on credit risk offload to insurers" (HousingWire, January 12)
- "Fed's Lockhart sees strong U.S. growth, rate hike in mid-2015" (Reuters, January 12)
- "U.S. Economic Confidence Index continues upward trek" (Gallup.com, January 13)
- "Housing sales weak heading into 2015" (HousingWire, January 13)
- “U.S. mortgage applications reach six-year high" (Fortune, January 14)
- "Regulator updates goals for Fannie, Freddie" (The Wall Street Journal online, January 14)
- "Foreclosures fell in 2014 to levels before housing bust" (Associated Press, January 15)
- "Mortgage rates decline for the third straight week" (The Washington Post online, January 15)
As a reminder, access to these articles is determined by each website’s own subscription and readership policies.
Want to receive our weekly blog round up? Subscribe at the right – and each Friday we'll send you our latest blog posts.
Have a comment or question about this post? Email us to let us know what's on your mind.