Read some of the key articles related to the mortgage market, housing, and the broader economy.
- "It's time to consider refinancing your mortgage" (The New York Times, January 19)
- "U.S. has global economic edge in its minorities" (Bloomberg, January 20)
- "Freddie Mac to sell first-loss position in new risk-sharing deal" (HousingWire, January 20)
- "Economists differ on impact of falling oil prices on housing" (The Wall Street Journal blog, January 21)
- "U.S. single-family housing starts highest since early 2008" (Reuters, January 21)
- "Mortgage applications rise on refinancing surge" (CNBC.com, January 21)
- "Suburbs are more popular than you think" (GlobeSt.com, January 21)
- "Seriously underwater properties decrease 2.2 million in 2014" (HousingWire, January 22)
- "Mortgage rates are in a New Year swoon" (The Washington Post blog, January 22)
As a reminder, access to these articles is determined by each website’s own subscription and readership policies.
Want to receive our weekly blog round up? Subscribe at the right – and each Friday we'll send you our latest blog posts.
Have a comment or question about this post? Email us to let us know what's on your mind.