Did You Know? Last year our Multifamily business helped house students, seniors and other renters who needed apartments they could afford.
Nationwide in 2014, Freddie Mac supported affordable rental housing in a number of ways:
- About 90% of the apartment units we finance are affordable to households earning up to the area median income.
- We provided financing for nearly 1,800 properties amounting to almost 427,000 apartment units (most are affordable to families earning low or moderate incomes).
- We purchased more than $1.2 billion in senior housing mortgages.
- We financed close to $1.3 billion in student housing loans.
- Our new initiatives like Small Balance Loans and Manufactured Housing Community loans helped underserved markets.
This was the second largest year of multifamily purchases in the company's history.
Want to receive our weekly blog round up? Subscribe at the right – and each Friday we'll send you our latest blog posts.
Have a comment or question about this post? Email us to let us know what's on your mind.