Read some of the key articles related to the mortgage market, housing, and the broader economy.
- "FHFA setting capital rules for nonbank mortgage firms" (National Mortgage News/Bloomberg News, January 30)
- "Millennials are finally entering home-buying market" (Los Angeles Times, February 1)
- "Cheat sheet: How Obama's budget would affect banking" (American Banker, February 2)
- "It's spring real estate season: Builders, Realtors look for a boost" (Philadelphia Inquirer, February 3)
- "Commercial, multifamily lending originations up 11% in 4Q14" (National Mortgage News, February 3)
- "Freddie Mac: The return of the refinance market" (HousingWire, February 4)
- "Overseer of Fannie and Freddie takes cautious steps to strengthen housing market" (New York Times, February 4)
- "Freddie Mac plans new products, more volume for 2015" (GlobeSt.com, February 4)
- "U.S. fixed mortgage rates fall in latest week" (NASDAQ/Dow Jones Business News,
As a reminder, access to these articles is determined by each website’s own subscription and readership policies.
Want to receive our weekly blog round up? Subscribe at the right – and each Friday we'll send you our latest blog posts.
Have a comment or question about this post? Email us to let us know what's on your mind.