Read some of the key articles related to the mortgage market, housing, and the broader economy.
- "Millennials join the house hunt" (USA Today, February 17)
- "Strength in January new-home sales bodes well for spring" (Wall Street Journal, February 17)
- "How North Texas became a magnet for mortgage servicers" (National Mortgage News, February 17)
- "Mortgage applications tumble 13.2% as rates climb" (HousingWire, February 18)
- "Home construction slips in January" (The Detroit News/Associated Press, February 18)
- "Housing turning point seen in U.S. first-time buyers" (Bloomberg, February 18)
- "Fed appears to hesitate on raising interest rate" (New York Times, February 18)
- "3% down payments being used at lowest level in 10 years" (MarketWatch, February 19)
- "Freddie Mac posts net income of $7.7B in 2014" (HousingWire, February 19)
- "Mortgage rates rise as 30-year reaches 3.76%: Freddie Mac" (MarketWatch, February 19)
As a reminder, access to these articles is determined by each website’s own subscription and readership policies.
Want to receive our weekly blog round up? Subscribe at the right – and each Friday we'll send you our latest blog posts.
Have a comment or question about this post? Email us to let us know what's on your mind.