Unlike Kermit, Freddie Mac employees are making it easier for the company to get greener every year. What began as a grassroots effort of a few employees in the 1990s has evolved into a broad company-wide commitment to develop and follow sound environmental conservation practices.
Today, in observance of Earth Day, Freddie Mac employees join hundreds of millions of people around the world to learn what they can do to help the environment and participate in the company’s Green Campus recycling initiative.
Green initiatives are employee-driven are focused in three main areas: recycling, conservation, and reuse. We are making a big difference. Last year alone we:
- Recycled nearly 60 percent of our total generated waste
- Reduced our energy consumption by 13,000 kwh
- Purchased 27 percent recycled supplies
- Diverted nearly 648 tons of waste from local landfills
- Recycled over 22 tons of electronic waste through employee e-Waste days
- Collected more than one thousand cell phones, eye glasses, furniture, office supplies and cardboard boxes to donate to local charitable organizations
Want to receive our weekly blog round up? Subscribe at the right – and each Friday we'll send you our latest blog posts.
Have a comment or question about this post? Email us to let us know what's on your mind.