Read some of the key articles related to the mortgage market, housing, and the broader economy.
- "Family-funded reverse mortgage can help elderly parents keep home" (Los Angeles Times, May 3)
- "'Cyclical pop' for housing won't happen: analyst" (MarketWatch, May 4)
- "Zillow: Lowest paid workers in 1/3 of markets can't afford cheapest homes" (HousingWire, May 4)
- "Freddie Mac posts $524M profit in 1Q; paying $746M dividend" (ABC News/Associated Press, May 5)
- "Despite efforts to loosen, credit scores rise for federally-backed mortgages" (MarketWatch, May 5)
- "Janet Yellen sees a modest risk in 'quite high' stock prices" (New York Times, May 6)
- "RealtyTrac: Flippers were 4% of all home sales in the first quarter" (HousingWire, May 7)
- "Fannie Mae to pay U.S. Treasury smallest dividend in five years" (Reuters, May 7)
- "Mortgage rates move higher for second week in a row" (Washington Post, May 7)
As a reminder, access to these articles is determined by each website’s own subscription and readership policies.
Want to receive our weekly blog round up? Subscribe at the right – and each Friday we'll send you our latest blog posts.
Have a comment or question about this post? Email us to let us know what's on your mind.