Read some of the key articles related to the mortgage market, housing, and the broader economy.
- "Homeowners get more time to take advantage of HAMP, HARP" (Washington Post, May 8)
- "Harney: Pricey home policies off-base" (The Columbian, May 11)
- "What's holding back first-time homebuyers?" (HousingWire, May 11)
- "First-time buyers face hurdles to homeownership this spring" (Miami Herald/Associated Press, May 12)
- "Twists in bond market drive key rate to 5-month high" (ABC News/Associated Press, May 12)
- "MBA: It keeps getting easier to get a mortgage" (HousingWire, May 12)
- "U.S. regulator looks to encourage more loans for low-cost housing" (Reuters, May 13)
- "U.S. 30-year mortgage rates rise to highest since March" (Bloomberg, May 14)
As a reminder, access to these articles is determined by each website's own subscription and readership policies.
Want to receive our weekly blog round up? Subscribe at the right – and each Friday we'll send you our latest blog posts.
Have a comment or question about this post? Email us to let us know what's on your mind.