Read some of the key articles related to the mortgage market, housing, and the broader economy.
- "U.S. housing regulator moves closer to allowing single security" (Reuters, May 15)
- "Homeowner association liens pose perils for condo buyers" (Los Angeles Times, May 17)
- "Freddie Mac: Rising rents aren’t pushing residents to homeownership" (HousingWire, May 18)
- "Builders lose confidence in current home sales" (MarketWatch, May 18))
- "FHFA, Fannie, Freddie say single securitization still years away" (HousingWire, May 19)
- "Freddie Mac: Mortgage lending forecast bumped higher…for now" (HousingWire, May 19)
- "Housing starts surge 20% in April" (MarketWatch, May 19)
- "Freddie Mac outlook predicts higher interest rates" (theMReport.com, May 19)
- "Mortgage servicers get new rules on capital, liquidity" (MarketWatch, May 20)
- "Renters appear more satisfied in many pricey US cities" (ABC News/Associated Press, May 21)
- "US home sales slide in April amid listing shortage" (ABC News/Associated Press, May 21)
As a reminder, access to these articles is determined by each website’s own subscription and readership policies.
Want to receive our weekly blog round up? Subscribe at the right – and each Friday we'll send you our latest blog posts.
Have a comment or question about this post? Email us to let us know what's on your mind.