As reported in our 2nd quarter financial results today, Freddie Mac is building a better company and a better mortgage finance system that is moving housing forward. The proof is in the numbers. Over the last 12 months, we've:
- Funded about 1 in 4 home loans nationwide
- Saved refinancing homeowners an average of $2,700 in interest payments in the first year
- Helped 109,000 families avoid foreclosure
- Supported affordable housing for 90% of the rental units we funded
- Introduced a 3% low down payment option
- Shifted risk to the private market through 111 innovative transactions
- Provided $381 billion in mortgage funding to support the housing market
We've also returned $96.5 billion in dividends to U.S. taxpayers (exceeding the amount we received from the U.S. Treasury by $25.2 billion)*.
See how we are moving housing forward.
Hear from our CEO on Layton on our financial results call with the media.
*Includes September 2015 payment
Want to receive our weekly blog round up? Subscribe at the right - and each Friday we'll send you our latest blog posts.
Have a comment or question about this post? Email us to let us know what's on your mind.