As reported in our 3rd quarter financial results today, Freddie Mac is building a better company and a better mortgage finance system that is moving housing forward. The proof is in the numbers.
Over the last 12 months, we've:
- Funded about 1 in 4 home loans nationwide
- Saved 900,000 refinancing homeowners an average of $2,300 in interest payments in the first year
- Helped 101,000 families avoid foreclosure, with an 85% retention rate
- Funded more than $1 billion in small balance loans, providing liquidity to smaller apartment properties
- Supported affordable housing for 90% of the rental units we funded
- Introduced a 3% low down payment option
- Provided $403 billion in mortgage funding to support the housing market
See how we are moving housing forward.
Want to receive our weekly blog round up? Subscribe at the right—and each Friday we'll send you our latest blog posts.
Have a comment or question about this post? Email us to let us know what's on your mind.