Our work to build a better Freddie Mac and a better housing finance system continues to move housing forward. In 2015, we:
- Funded one in every four home loans
- Helped another 94,000 struggling homeowners avoid foreclosure
- Became the largest source of funding in the multifamily market
- Grew our post-2008 single-family book of business to 84% of the portfolio
- Saved 910,000 refinancing homeowners an average of $2,600 in interest payments in the first year
- Supported affordable housing for 90% of the rental units we funded
- Made home possible for more than 230,000 first-time homebuyers
- Returned an additional $5.5 billion to taxpayers
See more ways we're moving housing forward.
Want to receive our weekly blog round up? Subscribe at the right – and each Friday we'll send you our latest blog posts.
Have a comment or question about this post? Email us to let us know what's on your mind.