"Ideally, nothing in a perfect 'green' world" says Freddie Mac Facilities and General Services Manager Pam Anderson.
While we're not there yet, Freddie Mac has come a long way since our first green initiatives started in the late 90s. We started small – recycling paper and adding light bulbs, toner cartridges, eyeglasses, batteries and more over the years. Now we have a broad, company-wide commitment to develop and follow sound environmental practices.
Today, in observance of Earth Day, we celebrate the big difference our employees are making. Last year alone, through our employee-led green programs, we:
- Recycled nearly 55% of our total generated waste
- Reduced energy consumption by 6% in one facility by switching to LED fixtures
- Purchased 34% recycled supplies
- Diverted nearly 795 tons of waste from local landfills
- Recycled over 24 tons of electronic waste through employee e-Waste days
- Collected more than two thousand cell phones, eye glasses, furniture & office supplies all donated to local charitable organizations
Freddie Mac Green Campus recycling event
Have a comment or question about this post? Email us to let us know what's on your mind.