Our progress in becoming a more competitive company continues to move housing forward. Over the last year, we:
- Funded 1.5 million home loans
- Helped another 71,000 struggling homeowners avoid foreclosure
- Financed record levels of rental housing
- Grew our post-2008 single–family book of business to 87% of the portfolio
- Saved 823,000 refinancing homeowners an average of $2,400 in interest payments in the first year
- Made home possible for 256,000 first–time homebuyers
- Transferred a significant portion of credit risk on more than $735 billion of single–family and multifamily mortgages to date
- Supported affordable housing for nearly 90% of the rental units we funded
- Returned an additional $4.9 billion to taxpayers — bringing the total to date to more than $30 billion more than we requested in Treasury draws
Every day, we're proud to be moving housing forward.
Have a comment or question about this post? Email us to let us know what's on your mind.