Our transformation into a more competitive company continues to move housing forward. Last year we:
- Generated $7.8 billion in net income
- Funded 1.7 million home loans
- Helped another 69,000 struggling homeowners avoid foreclosure
- Financed record levels of rental housing
- Hit a 10–year high in our purchases of loans to first–time homebuyers
- Grew our post–2008 single–family book of business to 88% of the portfolio
- Saved 937,000 refinancing homeowners an average of $2,500 in interest payments in the first year
- Supported affordable housing for nearly 90% of the rental units we funded
- Made home possible for nearly 268,000 first–time homebuyers
- Transferred a significant portion of credit risk on more than $780 billion of single–family and multifamily mortgages to date
- Returned an additional $5 billion to taxpayers
See more ways we're building a stronger mortgage finance system and moving housing forward.
Have a comment or question about this post? Email us to let us know what's on your mind.