Our transformation into a more competitive company is building a better housing finance system for homebuyers, renters, lenders and taxpayers.
Over the last twelve months, we:
- Generated $10.3 billion in net income
- Funded 1.7 million home loans
- Grew our guarantee portfolio to $1.9 trillion
- Helped another 68,000 struggling homeowners avoid foreclosure
- Financed record levels of rental housing
- Hit a 10-year high in our purchases of loans to first-time homebuyers
- Grew our post-2008 single-family book of business to 89% of the portfolio
- Saved 969,000 refinancing homeowners an average of $2,400 in interest payments in the first year
- Supported affordable housing for nearly 90% of the rental units we funded
- Made home possible for nearly 278,000 first-time homebuyers
- Transferred a significant portion of credit risk on more than $855 billion of single–family and multifamily mortgages to date
- Returned nearly $8 billion to taxpayers
See how we're a better company, building a better housing finance system.
Have a comment or question about this post? Email us to let us know what's on your mind.