By becoming a stronger and more competitive company, we've helped transform the U.S. housing system for the better.
"We're better at managing our risks, better at disposing of legacy assets, and getting better all the time at serving our customers — helping them meet the nation’s critical need for housing, especially for lower–income families and first–time homebuyers."
Here's our progress BY THE NUMBERS:
Over the last year, we've:
- Reported $14 billion in net income
- Provided $436 billion in mortgage funding
- Returned $110.1 billion to taxpayers, 55% more than we received from the U.S. Treasury
- Provided 1.2 billion to support manufactured housing communities, a key component of affordable housing
- Since 2013, we've transferred a portion of credit risk on over 1 trillion of mortgages away from taxpayers
- 99+% of the loans in our single-family book are current
- Our funding for first-time homebuyers is at a 10-year high
- More than 8 of 10 of the apartment units we fund are affordable to low– and moderate–income households
- Since 1970, we've made home possible more than 76 million times
Learn more about how we're a better company, building a better housing finance system.
Have a comment or question about this post? Email us to let us know what's on your mind.