2013 Nonprofit Spending
Freddie Mac Foundation
- Grants – $23,115,039
- Contributions – $19,391,431,75
*These contributions from Freddie Mac (the "Corporation") and the Freddie Mac Foundation (the "Foundation") are charitable, nonbusiness related contributions to tax exempt organizations. We have discontinued the reporting of payments to nonprofit organizations that are fee-for-service and purely business-related expenditures. These payments, which include such things as credit counseling fees, appeared in previous reports in the table entitled "Freddie Mac Paid Fee for Service."
The Foundation makes contributions from its endowment and does not receive funding from the Corporation.
Please note: For a list of Freddie Mac Foundation grants and contributions, please visit the Foundation website.
Freddie Mac Payments to Nonprofits:
- Housing Industry Support – Freddie Mac provides contributions to industry associations and nonprofit organizations that work to strengthen the mortgage and housing markets.
- Freddie Mac Community Relations Donor Assisted Fund (DAF) – In 2002, Freddie Mac entered into an agreement with the Community Foundation for the National Capital Region which established the Freddie Mac Community Relations Donor Assisted Fund (DAF). Freddie Mac funded the DAF by making a one-time irrevocable gift to the Community Foundation in 2003. The Community Foundation authorizes distributions from the DAF, although Freddie Mac can, and does make recommendations for such distributions. These investments support nonprofits that create and preserve affordable housing, help prevent foreclosures, and strengthen communities.
- 2012 Housing Industry Support
- 2012 Freddie Mac Community Relations Donor Assisted Fund (DAF)
- 2011 Corporate Community Investments
- 2011 Housing Industry Support
- 2011 Freddie Mac Community Relations Donor Assisted Fund (DAF)
- 2010 Charitable Contributions
- 2010 Housing Industry Support
- 2010 Homeowner Counseling – Fees for Services
- 2010 Freddie Mac Community Relations Donor Assisted Fund (DAF)
- 2009 Corporate Contributions
- 2009 Housing Industry Support
- 2009 Homeowner Counseling – Fees for Services
- 2008 Corporate Contributions
- 2007 Corporate Contributions