Freddie Mac strongly supports the benefit of credit education and building sound financial literacy skills among consumers. Well-informed and well-prepared homebuyers are on the best path to enjoying successful and sustainable homeownership. As part of this ongoing commitment, Freddie Mac developed CreditSmart®, a multilingual financial education curriculum and consumer outreach initiative designed to help consumers build and maintain better credit, make sound financial decisions, and understand the steps to sustainable homeownership. CreditSmart increases consumers' financial understanding by teaching life-long money management skills and showing consumers how to avoid foreclosure and keep their home.
The CreditSmart curriculum includes 12 financial education modules to meet consumers' diverse homeownership needs, featuring information on credit, money management, homeownership, foreclosure avoidance, and more. CreditSmart is available in five different languages, including English, Spanish (CreditSmart Español), plus Chinese, Korean, and Vietnamese (CreditSmart Asian).
NEW: CreditSmart Consumer Online Training
Build a better financial future. Take our CreditSmart online training course to help you achieve your financial and homeownership goals.
CreditSmart Instructor Resources
- Learn more about how your organization can offer financial education through the CreditSmart curriculum in your community.
- Register for a free, web-based instructor training series on CreditSmart.
Additional Resources for Housing Professionals
Freddie Mac has developed a variety of resources to help housing professionals guide consumers through the various stages of the homeownership process and meet the changing needs of the marketplace.
- Facilitate an interactive workshop to dispel popular myths about homeownership and foreclosure with the Get the Facts on Homeownership workshop materials.
- Visit the Housing Professionals page for quick access to valuable links to resources that you can use to prepare borrowers for homeownership, protect consumers from financial traps, and educate consumers about alternatives to foreclosure.
- Reach and teach consumers with the nine different brochures in our Homeownership Education series, covering topics including educating potential homebuyers, protecting borrowers during the homebuying process, and helping homeowners protect their home investment and avoid foreclosure.
Stay connected! Subscribe to Freddie Mac's Housing Professional Outreach News.