Get the Facts on Homeownership
Many families believe they cannot buy or keep their home because of common misconceptions about homeownership. Freddie Mac developed Get the Facts on Homeownership to break down these barriers that prevent people from exploring the possibility of buying and owning a home or keeping their home if they face foreclosure.
Get the Facts on Homeownership is a set of tools that facilitate an interactive workshop to dispel common myths about homeownership and foreclosure. The goal is that by the end of the workshop, participants will have the confidence and information they need to take the next step toward buying a home, and keeping their home if they face foreclosure.
The Rewards Are Many
Get the Facts on Homeownership is designed to augment and enhance the CreditSmart® curriculum or other homebuyer education programs that you currently provide. It can be presented as a stand-alone presentation or as a lead-in activity to CreditSmart or other Freddie Mac instructor-led workshops. Get the Facts on Homeownership will complement your existing homebuyer education programs because it can:
- Help borrowers take the next step toward successful, sustainable homeownership.
- Increase your visibility in the community as a leader and a source of reliable information.
- Download and customize the Get the Facts on Homeownership workshop presentations to help participants separate homeownership fact from fiction.
We have developed separate presentations addressing topics related to homeownership and foreclosure. You can use each presentation separately or present the two together, depending upon the needs of the participants.
The Workshop Presentation tip sheet will help you plan, conduct, and promote a successful workshop.
With the Get the Facts on Homeownership fact sheet you'll find all the information you need to market your workshop to your target audience.
- Spread the word about your workshops with our professionally designed posters and flyers.
Homeownership Flyers (8-1/2" X 11"):
Foreclosure Flyers (8-1/2" X 11"):
Homeownership Posters (11" X 17"):
Foreclosure Posters (11" X 17"):
Use the Dispelling the Myths of Homeownership and Avoiding Foreclosure brochures as handouts to be presented to participants at the end of your workshop.
- Help homebuyers navigate the mortgage process from application to closing with Your Step-by-Step Mortgage Guide.
Get the Facts on Foreclosure YouTube Video Series
Educate more borrowers about the steps they need to keep their home and avoid foreclosure with the Get the Facts on Foreclosure video series on YouTube.