Today, more than ever, protecting a home from foreclosure is of great importance. This track covers understanding home equity, maintaining and improving your home, preparing for emergencies, and recognizing scams. It also includes a comprehensive section on alternatives to foreclosure.
Note to instructor: Not intended for delinquent homeowners.
Workshop Agenda – Foreclosure Avoidance
Workshop Lesson Plan – Foreclosure Avoidance
Workshop Presentation – Foreclosure Avoidance
Download our Instructor Guides and Consumer Workbooks. To receive the workshop presentation on a CD, simply view the Delivering the New and Improved CreditSmart pre-recorded Web cast, and complete the request form at the end of the session.
Reinforcement – Foreclosure Avoidance
Looking for activities, games, and support material to reinforce your lesson? Find them here.
- Module 1: Your Credit and Why It Is Important
- Module 2: Managing Your Money
- Module 9: Restoring Your Credit
- Warning Sign Quiz – Which of these are a warning sign that you have a credit problem?
- Module 10: Planning for Your Future
- Module 12: Protecting Your Home Investment
- Develop a Spending Plan – Give a fictional scenario they need to develop a spending plan. Then, give another scenario where they are two years later.