Steps to Homeownership
Developing a budget, qualifying for a loan, selecting a lender, finding a real estate agent….Where do you begin? This workshop outlines the steps to homeownership from the importance of good credit, to "thinking like a lender," with a special emphasis on protecting your investment once you own a home.
Workshop Agenda – Steps to Homeownership
Workshop Lesson Plan – Steps to Homeownership
Workshop Presentation – CreditSmart Curriculum
Download our Instructor Guides and Consumer Workbooks.
Reinforcement – Steps to Homeownership
Looking for activities, games, and support material to reinforce your lesson? Find them here.
- Module 1: Your Credit and Why It Is Important
- Module 2: Managing Your Money
- Module 7: Thinking Like a Lender
- Module 11: Becoming a Homeowner
- Module 12: Protecting Your Home Investment
- Develop a Spending Plan – Give a fictional scenario they need to develop a spending plan. Then, give another scenario where they are two years later.