Learn and Teach CreditSmart® in Four Easy Lessons
Four-part, Live, Instructor-led Webinar Series – September 13, 20, 27 and October 4, 2016 and special bonus class on October 13, 2016
Please Join Us
CreditSmart is a multilingual financial education curriculum and consumer outreach initiative that teaches consumers life-long money management skills and shows them how to keep their home and avoid foreclosure. Since its launch more than a decade ago, CreditSmart has achieved success in communities across the country, reaching 4 million consumers in 44 states, with more than 43,000 trained instructors.
Freddie Mac invites you to attend our live, four-part, instructor-led training series. This web-based information packed event will prepare you with the knowledge and workshop facilitation skills to teach the Freddie Mac CreditSmart curriculum and provide consumers with reliable information on credit, money management and the steps to sustainable homeownership. Participation in all four sessions – along with the completion of a short quiz/exam at the end of the training – is required to receive a certificate of completion.
What You'll Learn
- Understand the curriculum's 12 modules. Module 12, "Preserving Homeownership: Protecting Your Home Investment," contains very important and timely information on fraud and scams, home equity and maintenance and alternatives to foreclosure that will help consumers prepare for successful homeownership.
- Hear best practices for workshop facilitation.
- Learn how you can leverage your strengths to maximize your effectiveness.
- Access workshop tools to support your teaching and reinforce your workshop participants' learning.
- Learn about our newest resource, Get the Facts on Homeownership, designed to help you facilitate workshops to dispel common myths about homeownership and foreclosure.
- Hear more about how your first-time homebuyer clients can use the CreditSmart – Steps to Homeownership online tutorial to satisfy their homeownership education requirement for Home Possible® Mortgages.
Session 1: Series Introduction and Money Management Basics
Tuesday, September 13, 2016
Modules Covered: 1, 2, 3
Session 2: Building, Maintaining and Restoring Your Credit
Tuesday, September 20, 2016
Modules Covered: 5, 6, 9
Session 3: Thinking Like a Lender and Avoiding Credit Traps
Tuesday, September 27, 2016
Modules Covered: 4, 7, 8
Session 4: Preparing from Homeownership and Avoiding Foreclosure
Tuesday, October 4, 2016
Modules Covered: 10, 11, 12 and CreditSmart – Steps to Homeownership online tutorial
Special Bonus Class: Supercharge Your Credit Counseling Program (must participate in all four CreditSmart sessions in order to participate)
Thursday, October 13, 2016
2 p.m. – 3:30 pm Eastern
Don't miss this free opportunity to learn more about CreditSmart and how you can bring it to your community. Space is limited, so register today!
NOTE: Please register only once for all four sessions and bonus class.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.