Web-Based Training Series for New CreditSmart® Instructors
Three-Part Series from April 9 Through April 23, 2015
Please Join Us
CreditSmart is a multilingual financial education curriculum and consumer outreach initiative that teaches consumers life-long money management skills, and shows them how to keep their home and avoid foreclosure. Since its launch more than a decade ago, CreditSmart has achieved success in communities across the country, reaching 4 million consumers across 44 states, with more than 42,000 trained instructors.
Freddie Mac invites you to attend a web-based instructor training series on CreditSmart. Please join us for this information-packed event that will prepare you with the knowledge and workshop facilitation skills to teach the Freddie Mac CreditSmart curriculum and provide consumers with reliable information on credit, money management, and the steps to sustainable homeownership. Participation in all three sessions and completion of assigned reinforcement activities are required to receive a certificate of completion.
What You'll Learn
- Understand the curriculum's 12 modules. Module 12, "Preserving Homeownership: Protecting Your Home Investment," contains very important and timely information on fraud and scams, home equity and maintenance, and alternatives to foreclosure that will help consumers prepare for successful homeownership.
- Hear best practices for workshop facilitation.
- Learn how you can leverage your strengths to maximize your effectiveness.
- Access workshop tools to support your teaching and reinforce your workshop participants' learning.
- Learn about our newest resource, Get the Facts on Homeownership, designed to help you facilitate workshops to dispel common myths about homeownership and foreclosure.
- Hear more about how your first-time homebuyer clients can use the CreditSmart – Steps to Homeownership online tutorial to satisfy their homeownership education requirement for Home Possible® Mortgages.
Session 1: Series Introduction and Money Management Basics
Thursday, April 9, 2015, 2:00 – 3:30 p.m. ET
Modules Covered: 1, 2, 3, 4 – FULL
Session 2: Building, Maintaining and Restoring Your Credit
Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 2:00 – 3:30 p.m. ET
Modules Covered: 5, 6, 8, 9 – FULL
Session 3: Preparing from Homeownership and Avoiding Foreclosure
Thursday, April 23, 2015, 2:00 – 3:30 p.m. ET
Modules Covered: 7, 10, 11, 12 and new CreditSmart – Steps to Homeownership online tutorial – FULL
Don't miss this free opportunity to learn more about CreditSmart and how you can bring it to your community. Space is limited, so register today!
NOTE: Please register only once for all three sessions.