Keeping Your Home
Protecting Your Investment
Signing your mortgage documents is only the beginning of your homeownership responsibilities. Owning a home is an ongoing commitment that requires time and financial preparation for life's uncertainties.
Mortgage Help Resource Center
If you need help to make your mortgage payments more affordable and sustainable, reach out to your lender as soon as possible to discuss your situation and available options.
- Mortgage Help: Understanding Your Options
- Working with your lender
- Who to contact for help
- Avoiding fraud
If you recently lost your home to foreclosure and are looking to find an affordable place to live and rebuild your credit – don't give up! Rest assured that there are many options for finding a place to rent and you can regain control of your finances.
- Options after foreclosure
- Renting a foreclosed property
- Rebuilding your credit
- Can you be a homeowner again?
Tools and Resources
- Mortgage Help Navigator
- CreditSmart® Online Training
- Get the Facts on Foreclosure
- Working with Your Lender
- Caring for Your Home
- Getting Back on Track After Foreclosure