Home Possible Mortgages
Offers Flexible Credit Terms and Low Down Payment Options
This page reflects the revised requirements announced in Single-Family Guide
Bulletin 2014-18. The updated requirements are effective for mortgages with
Freddie Mac settlement dates on or after November 24, 2014.
Freddie Mac's Home Possible® Mortgages offer outstanding flexibility and options to meet a variety of borrowers' needs. With Home Possible, you'll capitalize on opportunities to meet the home financing needs of borrowers looking for low down payments and flexible sources of funds, including first-time homebuyers, move-up borrowers, retirees, families in underserved areas, recent immigrants, very low and low- to moderate-income borrowers.
|Eligible Mortgage Products||
|Maximum LTV/TLTV Ratios||
|Requirements for Minimum Borrower Contribution and Sources of funds||
Use Freddie Mac's selling system for easy secondary market sale.
|Special Delivery Requirements||
|Single-Family Seller/Servicer Guide||
Download a Home Possible Mortgage fact sheet for more details.
Home Possible Mortgages help you:
- Expand your borrower base and tap new markets such as low- and moderate-income borrowers, first-time homebuyers, recent immigrants, and underserved communities.
- Leverage a continuing, competitive, and affordable option, with high-LTV lending for borrowers with strong credit.
- Enhance your Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) eligible originations.
Benefits for Your Borrowers
Home Possible Mortgages provide your borrowers with:
- Stable monthly mortgage payments with fixed-rate mortgages
- Flexible closing cost funding options
- Reduced mortgage insurance coverage levels
- No cash-out refinancing
For More Information
- Call your Freddie Mac representative
- Print a Home Possible Mortgages fact sheet
Visit The Learning Center for live and recorded web conferences, access to classroom-style workshops and self-study tools – all designed to help you stay competitive, serve more borrowers and make it easier to do business with us.
The information in this document is not a replacement or substitute for information found in the Single-Family Seller/Servicer Guide and/or the terms of your Master Agreement and/or Master Commitment.
CreditSmart – Steps to Homeownership Tutorial
Help your buyers satisfy their Home Possible homeownership education requirement with CreditSmart – Steps to Homeownership. Learn More