Third-Party Originator: Direct Access
Loan Product Advisor®
Find answers and advice for Freddie Mac's enhanced underwriting tool.
Third-Party Originator: Direct Access
Please review the following steps in their entirety before beginning the sign-up process. It will help ensure that your request is processed quickly and efficiently.
Step 1: Sign Up for Your Loan Product Advisor Account
Sign up for a Loan Product Advisor account for your organization by completing this Loan Product Advisor Sign-Up form.
You’ll be asked to provide:
- Your full company name as it appears on your business license.
- Information for a Loan Product Advisor Administrator/Submitter.
- Information for a Contact/Primary.
- Information for a Principal/Officer.
- Information for one or more web browser users.
- Your seven-digit Third-Party Originator (TPO) number:
- If you don’t already have a seven-digit TPO number, you'll receive one by completing this form.
- If you’re not sure you have a TPO number, contact the Customer Support Contact Center (800-FREDDIE). Please have your tax identification number available.
You'll also be asked to sign and submit a Related Third Party Agreement. Please email the agreement to CSA_Operations@freddiemac.com. We encourage you to retain a copy of your signed third-party agreement.
Note: Your request will expire if we do not receive the signed agreement within 75 days of your sign-up request.
Step 2: Request System-to-System Access or Web Access
Request system-to-system (S2S) access for your organization by completing the System-to-System Access Registration Form.
Your request will be processed within five business days. For security reasons, your credentials will be sent in three emails:
- First email: Includes a User ID for your organization, your organization’s name with your TPO number and the URL for Loan Product Advisor S2S access.
- Second email: Includes an authentication password.
- Third email: Includes a Loan Product Advisor password and the generic Seller/Servicer number 121555.
Once you receive your S2S credentials, use your vendor-specific instructions to gain access to Loan Product Advisor through your loan origination system (LOS). Vendor-specific instructions can be obtained by contacting either your vendor or the Customer Support Contact Center (800-FREDDIE).
This Loan Product Advisor Web Access Form allows you to add, delete, and update Loan Product Advisor access for individuals within your organization. Please bookmark this link for future use. Each user who receives web access will receive two emails.
- First email: Includes their User ID.
- Second email: Includes their temporary password that they must reset to a permanent password within 10 days.
Remember to log in to Loan Product Advisor at least once every 90 days to avoid deactivating your user account.
Remember to request web access for any user who will assign loans to a wholesale lender. Loans may only be assigned using Loan Product Advisor’s web interface and cannot be assigned using an LOS.
If you do not receive the three emails after three business days, call the Customer Support Contact Center (800-FREDDIE) to inquire about the status.
Step 3: Request Setup for Merged Credit Usage
Loan Product Advisor assesses borrower information in merged credit reports supplied by participating credit reporting companies (CRCs) or technical affiliates (TAs). To obtain re-issues of your merged credit reports, once you receive your TPO number, contact your CRC/TA to request an update to your account that will allow your users to obtain merged credit reports through Loan Product Advisor.
To assign to a wholesale lender, both your organization and the wholesale lender must have an account with the same CRC and an agreement established with the same TA if you are using a TA.
- For CRCs, use this Credit Reporting Company-ONLY Merged Credit Usage form. If you know which wholesale lender you intend to assign your loans, also provide their Freddie Mac Seller/Servicer number.
- For TAs, contact the TA directly. Provide them your TPO number and your wholesale lender’s Freddie Mac Seller/Servicer number if you know which wholesale lender you intend to assign your loans. Also request that they notify you once the update is complete.
We recommend that you have an account with more than one CRC/TA.
If you work with more than one wholesale lender, please follow the process above for each relationship.
Please review our Merged Credit Best Practices document for additional information.
Note: Loan Product Advisor assesses only a loan's eligibility for sale to Freddie Mac and does not analyze compliance with laws, regulations or ordinances, or any requirements imposed by your regulator. It is possible that a loan that otherwise meets Freddie Mac's purchase standards may violate a state or local law or regulation. Because of that violation, the loan would be ineligible for sale to Freddie Mac. Please consult with your legal counsel and/or a compliance services vendor to ensure that your loans comply with all applicable laws, regulations, etc.
If you have any questions or need any assistance with the sign-up process, please contact Customer Support Contact Center (800-FREDDIE).