Third-Party Originator: Sponsored Access
Loan Product Advisor®
Find answers and advice for Freddie Mac's enhanced underwriting tool.
Third-Party Originator: Sponsored Access
Please review the following steps in their entirety before beginning the online sign-up process. It will help ensure that your request is processed quickly and efficiently.
Step 1: Sign Up for Your Loan Product Advisor Account
Sign up for a Loan Product Advisor account for your organization and tell us about your affiliation with the wholesale lender who is sponsoring your organization by completing this Loan Product Advisor Sign-Up form.
You’ll be asked to provide:
- Your six-digit wholesale lender’s/investor’s Freddie Mac Seller/Servicer number.
- Your broker number.
- Your full company name as it appears on your business license.
- An email address for a Point of Contact.
- Information for a Business Contact.
- Your organization’s Tax ID number.
- Your seven-digit Third-Party Originator (TPO) number:
- If you don’t already have a seven-digit TPO number, you'll receive one by completing this form.
- If you're not sure you have a TPO number, contact the Customer Support Contact Center (800-FREDDIE). Please have your tax identification number available.
Once you receive your seven-digit TPO number and Loan Product Advisor password, contact your wholesale lender for instructions on how to submit loans to Loan Product Advisor through their access portal.
Please use this form to inform us of each affiliation you have with other wholesale lenders.
Step 2: Request Web Access
As a Sponsored TPO, you will access Loan Product Advisor through your wholesale lender’s system. After your Loan Product Advisor account is established, you may also request web access to use Loan Product Advisor from the Loan Advisor Suite portal.
This Loan Product Advisor Web Access Form allows you to add, delete, and update Loan Product Advisor access for individuals within your organization. Please bookmark this link for future use. Each user who receives web access will receive two emails.
- First email: Includes their User ID.
- Second email: Includes a temporary password that they must reset to a permanent password within 10 days.
Remember to log in to Loan Product Advisor at least once every 90 days to avoid deactivating your user account.
Step 3: Request Setup for Merged Credit Usage
Loan Product Advisor assesses borrower information in merged credit reports supplied by participating credit reporting companies (CRCs) or technical affiliates (TAs). To obtain re-issues of your merged credit reports, once you receive your TPO number, contact your CRC/TA to request an update to your account that will allow your users to obtain merged credit reports through Loan Product Advisor.
Both your organization and the wholesale lender must sign up under a sponsored model with the CRC and an agreement established with the same TA if you are using a TA.
- For CRCs, use this Credit Reporting Company-ONLY Merged Credit Usage form. You will be required to provide your TPO and your wholesale lender’s Freddie Mac Seller/Servicer number.
- For TAs, contact the TA directly. Provide them your TPO number and your wholesale lender’s Freddie Mac Seller/Servicer number. Also request that they notify you once the update is complete.
We recommend that you have an account with more than one CRC/TA.
If you work with more than one wholesale lender, please follow the process above for each relationship.
Please review our Merged Credit Best Practices document for additional information.
Note: Loan Product Advisor assesses only a loan's eligibility for sale to Freddie Mac and does not analyze compliance with laws, regulations or ordinances, or any requirements imposed by your regulator. It is possible that a loan that otherwise meets Freddie Mac's purchase standards may violate a state or local law or regulation; because of that violation, the loan would be ineligible for sale to Freddie Mac. Please consult with your legal counsel and/or a compliance services vendor to ensure that your loans comply with all applicable laws, regulations, etc.
If you have any questions or need any assistance with the sign-up process, please contact Customer Support (800-FREDDIE).