Mortgage Securities Products
Freddie Mac’s mortgage products include the following:
- Gold PCs - Pass-through securities representing an undivided interest in a pool of residential mortgages.
- Giant PCs - Single class pass-through securities that are created by consolidating smaller PCs into larger Giant PCs.
- ARM PCs - Mortgage-backed securities representing an undivided interest in a pool of residential adjustable-rate mortgages (ARMs).
- REMICs - Customized mortgage structures created from mortgage pass-through securities by redistributing cash flows to cater to a variety of market demands.
- Reference REMIC® - Offer a structured alternative to a traditional 30- or 15-year mortgage-backed security and built on the success of Freddie Mac's guaranteed maturity class (GMC) product.
- Retail Classes - Interests in pools of assets that are backed by residential mortgages, tailored for individual investors and issued as Retail Class Units of Multiclass Certificates.
- Strips - Formed from Giant PCs of either Freddie Mac Gold PCs or GNMA certificates and generally represent the Interest-Only (IO) and Principal-Only (PO) cash flow components of a pool.
- Multifamily PCs - Securities backed by structures with five or more units designed principally for residential use and typically offer some level of call protection.
- Multifamily K Certificates - Multifamily K Certificates are structured pass-through securities backed by multifamily mortgage loans.