In Case You Missed It: MBA’s CREF
Published on February 18, 2015
At the Mortgage Bankers Association’s Commercial Real Estate Finance (MBA’s CREF)/Multifamily Housing Convention and Expo, held February 1-4 in San Diego, we kicked off what we hope will be another spectacular year, working with our customers. In addition to conference activities, we held our own sessions. Let me touch on the highlights:
- MBA delivered a great program that brought together leaders from across the industry to share their perspectives. David Brickman and I spoke on panels.
- All of us from Freddie Mac Multifamily spent every moment possible with current and potential customers, making the most of so many being in one place at one time.
- Our Seller/Servicer Advisory Council committee meetings prompted thoughtful conversations – as they always do – that will factor into our products, processes and tools.
- During a Freddie Mac Multifamily Update meeting, our Seller/Servicers heard:
- Our strategic business direction from David.
- The excellent results we achieved together last year from me and Debby Jenkins.
- Industry insights from Dave Stevens, MBA president and CEO.
- Recognition of our 2014 top-producing Sellers, with Peter Giles and Rich Martinez handing out kudos and awards.
- Also at our meeting, Debby and I talked about taking the business to the next level in 2015 – Seller/Servicers can expect more speed, scalability and certainty from us.
- Opening the topic to discussion generated valuable input to how we can enhance customers’ experience with Freddie Mac Multifamily.
- As a step in that direction, we announced enhancements to our Index Lock and spread quotes on certain loans while under application. These changes will make an important difference to borrowers.
Events like this one remind me that – together – Freddie Mac Multifamily and our Seller/Servicer partners are the best team of originators, underwriters, asset managers and closing counsels in the business. Thanks to all of you for everything you do to support rental housing and renters across the country.
Discussions on owning or renting a home, the housing market and housing finance.