Here you will find thought-provoking insights from our leadership, recent news coverage and links pages that contain our original multifamily industry research and investor data.
- Multifamily Market Impact Analysis
December 6, 2013
How would the multifamily rental housing market be affected if the government-sponsored enterprises (GSEs) lost access to a government guarantee? Read highlights of research that Freddie Mac and several independent experts conducted to answer that question.
- Multifamily Business Primer
October 23, 2013
Want to know more about our Multifamily business and contributions to US rental housing? Here's a closer look.
- Morningstar Rankings
October 23, 2013
Morningstar ranks Freddie Mac special servicer and trust advisor capabilities.
- A New Generation of Thought on Apartment Life
October 21, 2013
SVP David Brickman shares his thoughts on the new generation of apartment life.
- Apartment Buildings on Solid Ground
September 23, 2013
Chief Economist Frank Nothaft discusses how the decline in cap rates and growth in rents (adjusted for inflation) are key fundamentals that explain the rise in apartment values over the past decade.
- K-Deals: A Model for the Future of Mortgage Securitization
September 8, 2013
Multifamily business head David Brickman explains how K-Deals finance affordable rental housing while minimizing risk to taxpayers.
- A Closer Look: 5 Things to Know about the Multifamily Business
September 5, 2013
If you're not familiar with Freddie Mac Multifamily, here's a quick primer.
- Introducing Our Multifamily Investment Index
August 8, 2013
Our initial finding: apartments still a good investment in most metropolitan areas.
- Commercial Mortgage Defaults from 1972-2011
CRE Finance World, Summer 2013, page 42
Freddie Mac original research on the implications of loan performance differences since the last recession.
- FHFA Releases GSE Reports on Multifamily
May 3, 2013
The Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) has published reports from Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae regarding multifamily housing finance reform.
- Underwriting Underscores Strong Credit Culture
April 24, 2013
SVP Debby Jenkins explains how our credit principles and in-house underwriting staff promote prudent credit decision making.
- Freddie Mac Multifamily 2012 Business Results
March 13, 2013
Freddie Mac Multifamily created significant value in 2012, says Bill Buskirk, Multifamily chief financial officer.
- Our Focus on Rental Housing Affordability
February 18, 2013
Today, 15 million households live in multifamily apartment properties and rental housing demand is expected to rise for years to come.
In the News
- Multifamily Executive
Forward Thinker; David Brickman continues to lead Freddie Mac's multifamily group toward success—with or without government regulation. (page 22)
- 2013 Women of Influence
HousingWire, November 1, 2013
SVP Debby Jenkins was named HousingWire magazine's top 20 influential women for 2013.
- Freddie Mac Closes $195M Bulk Loan Sale
Commercial Property Executive, October 15, 2013
Freddie Mac recently wrapped up its first multi-family bulk loan disposition, selling 27 performing mortgage loans.
- Brickman Fine-Tunes Freddie, With Eye on Future
Multifamily Executive, October 2, 2013
Forward-thinker David Brickman continues to lead Freddie Mac's multifamily group toward success with or without government regulation.
- Freddie Mac Multifamily’s Plan to Increase Affordable Preservation
Multi-Housing News, September 5, 2013
Our plans to increase our focus on affordable preservation and why those transactions have been so successful.
- Freddie Mac Gets Aggressive on Affordable Deals
Multifamily Executive, August 2013
Those looking to hit the sweet spot to strike an agency deal on an affordable housing property are seizing the day.
- The State of the Nation's Housing 2013
Harvard's annual study highlights the homeownership and rental housing markets, including the growing demand for affordable rental housing.
- The 50 Most Important People in Commercial Real Estate
March 5, 2013
Freddie Mac's David Brickman named to the top 10 list for leading Multifamily to a record year.
- Freddie Mac calls 2012 a golden year for multifamily
HousingWire, February 27, 2013
Freddie Mac announced it posted a record $28.8 billion in multifamily business volume in 2012.
- Big Real-Estate Firms Are Going to School — Developers Test the Market for Off-Campus College Housing; Amenities Include Tanning Beds and Resort-Style Pools
The Wall Street Journal, February 26, 2013
Housing for college students is attracting some of the biggest names in real-estate development.
Market Predictions from Multifamily Seller/Servicers
Our most recent poll from our Chief Economist, Frank Nothaft, highlights what experts and insiders are saying and thinking about the short term and long term prospects for the multifamily market. Learn More
Multifamily Original Research
Freddie Mac Multifamily conducts original research and analysis on a variety of industry topics.
Multifamily Investor Data
Freddie Mac Multifamily provides regular updates of our Loan Performance Dataset.
Multifamily Press Releases
See our latest press releases. Read More