Freddie Mac Multifamily Moving to an Email Subscription Process for News Alerts by May 22
April 22, 2013
Important Notice as of 5/22/13
With the upcoming Memorial Day weekend holiday, we're extending the cut-over to our new subscription process to Tuesday, May 29.
Freddie Mac Multifamily is announcing a more customized approach to distributing our email news alerts. Today, we are launching our new subscription center, available now for you to make your selections. Starting May 22, we will begin emailing customized alerts that include only the news topics that you choose in a subscription. Our subscription categories are based on your specific job function within your company. To prepare for this change, you must visit our Multifamily Subscription Center and opt-in by May 22, or delivery of your Multifamily Update and other alerts will end.
Don’t Get Left Out - Tailor Our News to Your Needs Today
In order for us to successfully move all of our current Seller/Servicer customers to this new, customized process, we are asking each individual employee within a company to spend a few minutes on our Multifamily Subscription Center, to opt-in, provide us with basic contact information, and subscribe to a list of news alerts relative to your specific job function that you would like to receive on a regular basis.
Our Multifamily Subscription Center asks you to provide primary contact information, your job title and your primary affiliated region and allows you to “Choose Your News” based on two primary categories:
- News related to specific job functions such as Origination and Underwriting Program Plus, Origination and Underwriting Targeted Affordable Housing, Asset Management, Investor Reporting, Purchasing and Legal and,
- Alerts related to outages for specific technology systems such as the Origination and Underwriting System (OUS), Property Reporting System (PRS), Consent Request Tracker (CRT), Insurance Compliance Tool (ICT) etc.
- Each option includes a detailed description of what specific news you will receive once you opt-in to a particular category.
- Once you make your selections, provide us with the contact information we need and submit your subscription; you will receive a confirmation email that you have officially signed-up to receive only the news that matters to you.
- You can update your subscription selections anytime as your interests or job function change.
Choose Your News Today - Get Customized Alerts after May 22nd
In order to ensure that all of our Seller/Servicer customers have enough time to opt-in and set up their email preferences to this new subscription process, you will not actually receive any customized alerts until after the May 22 deadline. Instead, during this 6-week opt-in process, you will continue to receive the same Multifamily Update and alert emails you’ve received in the past with one minor addition. These emails will now include friendly reminders to be sure you complete this new subscription process by the May 22 deadline, just in case you haven’t already done so.
If you have any questions about subscribing or experience any technical difficulties submitting the requested information through the Multifamily Subscription Center, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.