Register Today for 2014 Regional Seller Training
February 28, 2014
Building on the success of last year’s Seller Training Program, we are excited to announce our 2014 Seller Training series to be held in April in each of our regions.
This year’s program will feature topics recommended by our customers tailored specifically for originators, underwriters, and analysts. We’ll provide updated guidance on how to submit a successful loan package that achieves quicker turnaround and on selling the Freddie Mac execution more effectively.
The morning session for all participants will feature:
- An overview of specific topics tailored to each region
- Updates on our rate-lock processes
- Strategies for sourcing conventional loans with units affordable to very-low-income (VLI) families.
Concurrent Tracks for New and Experienced Sellers
Like last year, we’re offering two concurrent afternoon tracks— one for newer analysts and the other for more experienced customers. You may attend sessions across both tracks.
Analysts new to the Freddie Mac execution or looking to update their skills are recommended to take the Analyst track. This track will instruct attendees on how to:
- Successfully complete the Loan Submission Template (LST), including the new Sales and Rent Comp Tabs, along with the narrative for the faster quotes and commitments
- Understand recent Seller/Servicer Guide changes and clarifications regarding Property Condition Reports
- Apply recent updates to appraisals, the loan purchasing process, and other areas
Experienced customers are recommended to take the Senior Track, which will provide:
- An improved understanding of ground leases (is your ground lease financeable), foreign guarantors, and other requirements
- The latest on streamlining assumptions, supplemental mortgages, and other asset management topics
- Increased understanding of the securitization process post-purchase, and how to explain it to your sponsors
- Best practices tips
The training will conclude with a wrap-up session hosted by regional staff to answer any questions about the day’s content.
New This Year: “Meet the Region” Networking
To end the day, we invite you to join us for a “Meet the Region” reception to meet the Freddie Mac regional office staff and network with your peers. This reception is being hosted by the Program Plus® Sponsorship Fund.
|9:30am – 10:00am||Registration and Check in|
|10:00am – 12:00pm||Morning General Session|
|12:00pm – 12:45pm||Lunch|
|12:45pm – 4:00pm||Afternoon Tracks and Wrap-Up Session|
|4:00pm – 5:00pm||Meet the Region Reception|
Registration is required to attend the training. We strongly encourage you to participate in your region's training. However, you can register for training in another region if your region's training date does not fit your schedule.
View a complete event agenda, details about the location, and register now via the following links:
- April 2 – McLean, VA (Southeast Region)
- April 8 – New York City (Northeast Region)
- April 22 – Chicago (Central Region)
- April 24 – Los Angeles (Western Region)
At least one of us will participate in each regional session. We look forward to seeing strong attendance from Seller analysts, underwriters, and originators.
John Cannon, Senior Vice President, Multifamily Production, Sales & Marketing
Debby Jenkins, Senior Vice President, Multifamily Underwriting & Credit