New DMS Password and Access Requirements
May 16, 2014
Effective May 21, 2014, we are making the following updates to our security standards for the Document Management System (DMS).
- Your DMS password must meet the following password guidelines:
- It must include at least eight characters, with one character from each of the following groups: numeric (1-9), lowercase (a-z), and uppercase (A-Z).
- It must be reset every 90 days. A password reset email reminder will be sent to users 14 days prior to expiration. Account password history will be set to retain and restrict reuse of passwords within the last 365 days.
- An account that has three consecutive failed login attempts within a 15-minute period will be locked for 15 minutes. If you experience a lock out, you may call (866) MULTIFM to request a password reset.
- User accounts will be deactivated after 120 days of inactivity. If your account is deactivated you will need to contact your System Administrator to establish a new account.
If you have any questions about these security standard changes, please contact Freddie Mac Multifamily Security.