Originate and Underwrite
Small Balance Loan Lenders
Our Small Balance Loan (SBL) offering is designed to address the unique needs and challenges of small rental property borrowers, and bring greater liquidity and stability to the small balance loan space. Our dedicated SBL platform enables approved Seller/Servicers to efficiently originate and sell loans ranging from $1 to $6 million on small rental properties with five or more units. Seller/Servicers and their borrowers benefit from a simplified pricing process; streamlined early rate-lock and full underwriting paths with less documentation; abbreviated third party reports; simplified insurance assessment process; standardized and shorter loan documents; and, reduced legal due diligence requirements.
Applications and AllRegs®
Origination and Underwriting System
OUS helps automate the workflow for processing loan applications from submission of the Loan Submission Template (LST) through the underwriting process.
Document Management System
DMS facilitates the electronic upload and storage of loan-related documents used throughout the life of a loan.
Insurance Compliance Tool
ICT is a tool for submission of insurance coverage data at origination, during annual certification, and it is used to request coverage requirement waivers.
References and Tools
- 2017 Multifamily Lending Exclusions Summary 1/17/2017
- Asset Summary Report - Sample 4/22/2016
- Commercial Lease Analysis and Estoppel (SBL) 9/25/2015
- Elevated Seismic Hazard Region Map 12/16/2015
- Exception Request Form 1/15/2015
- Exceptions & Credit Risks 2/6/2017
- Market Tiering (SBL) Effective 6/20/16 6/15/2016
- Pipeline Manager (SBL) 1/27/2015
- Pipeline Manager User Guide (SBL) 1/27/2015
- Property Inspection and Lease Audit (SBL) 5/19/2016
- Public Records Searches 9/15/2016
- Regional Production Contacts 7/28/2016
- Regulatory Agreement Questionnaire 9/23/2016
- SBL 2017 Customer Update 1/19/2017
- SBL Credit Limit Adjustment 2/6/2017
- SBL Exhibit 1 – Section 1.2: Small Balance Loan Checklist 6/30/2016
- SBL Production Contact List 1/19/2017
- Single Counsel Contact List (SBL) 1/23/2017
- Tenant Improvements/Leasing Commissions (TI/LC) Calculator 11/30/2015
- Underwriting Contacts by Seller/Servicer 3/16/2016
- Underwriting Package Mapping (SBL) 6/30/2016